HybridZ

Is My Ride Height Fixed?

Hey guys, I got my coilover conversion done at a local shop, thought everything was gravy until I finally put my wheels on.  Now, I didn't have my camera out while my wheels were off, so this pic from the build will have to do for now.  

post-13246-0-83956600-1357309623_thumb.jpeg

Of course with the smaller tires I ended up getting, I wanted to lower the car a bit more (especially in the front).  However, spinning the spring perch down about an inch did nothing to change the ride height (same distance from the ground, same distance from the bump stop).  I'm thinking I can only go higher, and no lower.  

I can get a better picture this weekend if this post seems confusing.  I'm not the most mechanically savvy guy, so any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

As mentioned above, roll the car froward and back and jump up and down on the door sills.  Also, make sure you tightened down the front and rear inner lower contrl arms per the procedure in the FSM.  If you tightened then down to spec with the car in the air the control arms are probably bound.

I wasn't actually the one who dropped the suspension for the conversion or re-installed it, so I would have to ask if procedure was followed.  We did let the car settle/jumped up on it/rolled it back and forth, and it got no lower.  

Can I put it in the air and un-bind/re-do the tightening myself if need be?  I already have the FSM, I finally got tools (for Christmas), and I'm tired of paying  for work that may or may not be up to my standards...

If that spring is nearly "loose" at the current lower perch position, then making the perch lower will do nothing for ride height. Me thinks you might be at the min height now..

and speaking of bump stops, I'm not seeing any on that strut....

Edited by z240

If the above ideas aren't the problem, did you check if you were already sitting on the bumpstops with the car on the ground?

That's a good point, did you section the struts for shorter shocks? If not, then adjustable coilovers are pretty much a waste of time.

If the above ideas aren't the problem, did you check if you were already sitting on the bumpstops with the car on the ground?

I have space before I am riding on the bumpstops (they were not on yet in that first picture).  

Struts were indeed sectioned, maybe not enough?  I'm really starting to think I just need to get the entire thing redone, the perch for the threaded collar wasn't even welded all the way around :/