HybridZ

What to do with early 260z wiring.

Hey peeps, I have an early 260z and wiring for a 1 year car has little support compared to 240z and 280z. I know how to upgrade alternators, thank you hybridz, but there is a lot of wiring for the car. I want something simple. What do you guys think I should do? I was looking at painless or ez wiring or If possible use a 240z harness for simplicity and support. Is it possible to use 240z wiring in an early 260z and remove shunt and all the add on relays for the car? Any input would be great. In the upcoming future I will upgrade to a turbo engine possibly RB if time and money permits, will stock 260z harness give me a headache when swapping the engine? 

Thanks

Brian

I think of it like this. To totally change your harness to another type, you will, in natural course, have to learn all about your current wiring so that you can 'change' it to the new system (note I didn't say improve it....).

Why not do this learning of the current electrical system in the context of your current harness? Then add or improve it based on your evolving needs? This significantly reduces the overall effort. If my assessment of others who have gone down this road and discussed it here, most seem to have regretted it...

I have massively added to my wiring to handle all my new "necessities", but there is plenty of the original wiring too. Most of my improvements are high current, fusing and power supply based.

BTW I have a full early 260 harness I just removed from a parts car if yours is beyond repair.... Lots of other 260 specific bits as well. Let me know. There is even a full early 260 for sale near here in Edmonton on kijiji. I guess we are hiding them all.