HybridZ

MS2 PCB3.57 with EDIS, confirming board mods

josh817

Hi guys, this is my first time messing with fuel injection. I got a killer deal on a prebuilt MS2 box with MegaView 2 That I will probably be selling (shameless plug). I want to confirm the board mods so I don't fry something.

From what I have read:
-JP1 jumper across 2-3

-J1 jumper across 1-2

-jumper across XG1-XG2

-run a wire from JS10 to the center hole of Q16
Here is the part where I need confirmation

-run a wire from the bottom of D1 to the right side of D2

What needs to be done, I think (http://www.megamanual.com/357/):
2hp6gd3.jpg
So on the board I see these small holes with traces to the components. I am assuming I can use these instead of soldering to the component solder pad, correct? They are very tiny holes, I would have to use a pretty small wire so hopefully no major current is going through it.
9sqasm.jpg

Other than that, I'm going to use shielded wire for the VR sensor, the SAW, and the PIP lines from EDIS. You guys don't use shielded wire for injectors do you?

My last worry is with the EDIS. Now, I was running Megajolt before, and I found that my VR sensor wires had to be flipped. I hooked blue with blue, grey with grey, apparently that was backwards. The schematics for the connectors have some variation in them. I think I have everything down as far as VR, PIP, and SAW are concerned, I worry that the firing order marked on the coil may be incorrect, or the coil wires A,B,C may have swapped colors like the sensors. Not sure how I would diagnose and correct that problem if it were to arise. When I had Megajolt, I was getting a good RPM signal on the computer when running on the dizzy but I never got spark. I could have messed up the board (which is why I bought prebuilt now), the wires for the coils may be funky like the VR sensor, the firing order on the coil may be incorrect, I'm not sure I never looked into it.

Thanks for the help guys!

Hopefully some surefire answers will arise. I was prowling the MS forums and due to the nature of MS it's difficult to find someone with an exact answer since we are all doing something different.

Edited by josh817