HybridZ

nissan RB motor info

Guest Anonymous

In reguards to doing a AWD zcar. I would think that It would be too front heavy. All of the AWD version of the GTRs were front heavy and caused a lot of understeer on the Nismo track cars as I recall. that with a s30 body (fairlady) that is considerably lighter than the Skyline bodies would cause the car to have insane understeer. It would be practical for a drag car, but for me I would just think it would be more to break ;P

As I recall most of nismo's track skylines were converted to rwd because of the understeer (anyone can correct me on any of this if I am wrong on any of this).

And nissan engineered the S30 to be WELL balanced, in that being that the dry weight of the car (weight with out spare tire, gas, tools, and driver) being a 52% in the front and 48% in the rear and how far forward you would have to mount the engine as well as the additional parts to make it an AWD car would just add even more weight.

I know and LS1 swap only adds 30 lbs. to the total weight of the car, in the front, (not including rollcage and additional parts) compared to the old L28E.

I want to do an RB swap someday, but I can't because of the no $$$$ problem, so all I can do is read up on all that I can before doing it. Since I can't use this knowlege that I aquired, I might as well have it out there just in case any of you might do something that might not be considered untill after you have done it. hope this helps any.

Oh another thing; Does anyone one knows how much weight will and RB swap add to the total weight of the car so I can calculated which spot to mount the engine when I actually do it? if you can give me the weight of the engine and the weight of the trans that would be even better.

Guest bastaad525

And nissan engineered the S30 to be WELL balanced' date=' in that being that the dry weight of the car (weight with out spare tire, gas, tools, and driver) being a 52% in the front and 48% in the rear and how far forward you would have to mount the engine as well as the additional parts to make it an AWD car would just add even more weight.

[/quote']

So that 52/48 split was WITHOUT those things? Meaning with my spare, jack, small toolset and fuel riding in the rear of the car my Z would be even more optimally balanced? I always thought that balance of a car was measured with standard equipment like spare tire and jack included. Would it be 50/50? Or would it become rear-biased?

Wonder what the turbo swap has done to that balance :(

Well the intention of the dry weight proportion was more for the cars that would see the track more than it would see the street. I wouldn't think you would go to the track and just leave everythiing inside the car with you ( I would because I'm that lazy), but with the gas tank full it would be a 51/49 weight proportion w/o the other stuff(reason being only a 1% change is location of the gas tank . and all the tools and spare don't weigh all that much.)

I recall one of Nismos 300zx JPGT models having driving characteristic problems because of the location of the gas tank. because it was mounted so far back of the car, it would drive different w/ a full tank opposed to w/o.

I don't, suppose I'm rambling.