HybridZ

83 280ZX Turbo modifactions/ How much power can the 3 speed auto Handle??

Hello fellow Hybridz members, I'm new to the forums and I just recently purchased a 83 280ZX Turbo with an Automatic transmission. I have no interest to go to the 5 speed manuel. Also before any members blast me for the following questions Im about to ask, I've spent the past 6 hours doing searches and was unable to get any clear or solid answers.

1st question is how much power will the 3 speed automatic transmission handle, the little bit of info I've found is that with just boosting the car may cause transmission to start slipping. With that being said has anyone attempted to build the 3 speed automatic?

I plan on driving the car regularly mostly street driving, I would like todo some bpu type mods to the car.

What would be the best mods that can be done to this car with the automatic transmission.

I don't mind spending the money to build the trans.

I've read that theres a guy is Carolina with Z Performance Racing that's running really good with the automatic but I've also ready that they have ripped off a lot of people, other wise I would have looked into using them.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Topsupra

"Also before any members blast me for the following questions Im about to ask, I've spent the past 6 hours doing searches and was unable to get any clear or solid answers. ...

1st question is how much power will the 3 speed automatic transmission handle, the little bit of info I've found is that with just boosting the car may cause transmission to start slipping. With that being said has anyone attempted to build the 3 speed automatic?"

Obviously in this exhaustive search, you missed Bernard's myriad comments & advice on the subject.