HybridZ

N62 vs j60 vs E60 MAF sensors

rayaapp2

So I may have to ask elsewhere, but I thought Id start with the local community first.

My S1 rb25det has a N62 MAF adapted to it with a PFC. What I cannot figure out is why the hell someone would go through the trouble of installing the N62 over using the stock J60 or simply using one of the R33 rb25det E60 MAF. I realize the N62 is a local part that can be had at a wrecking yard and that may just be it. I dont know if they swap just never had the correct sensor or what and they went with a local replacement I guess. Im about to yank it off in favor of one of the many E60 MAF sensors I have laying around. It has the more water tight connector and the PFC has a built in table for that sensor(And I have enough of them that if something goes wrong I wont have an issue with replacement).

Ive heard of using the N62 MAF on other Nissans that want to be able to flow more through the intake. JWT has a writeup on it, but it seems to me that is pretty much for engines that came with smaller MAF sensors.

Thanks for input folks.

Ray

Well the E60 is hard to find, the E60 isn't available stateside.  There's also two forms of the E60 (red label for RB20) and the regular label (everything else).  The N62 is scaled differently, so it's able to give you the potential to scale for more power.  Meaning that where the E60 would see the full 5v, the N62 would be only 4v, thus giving you a little more leeway.  

Plus being readily available makes things a bit easier too.

N62 are for more HP potential. On my RB26 setup im using twin J60 green label rb25 maf they are good for 600hp maybe more and they were cheaper then twin N62. Some use a ford lightning MAF with Nistune it is a 90mm MAF and a single one is rated at well over 600hp.