HybridZ

Another 9 Second LS1-Z

ZFan1: Johns Cars shorty headers

RebekahsZ: The shafts are made out of Chromoly. There are some small grooves towards the end of the shaft (in the splined part) for the snap ring to sit in. It snapped clean where the groove was machined in. It is a great kit, but won't hold a nitrous launch. But has held multiple 1.45-1.52 60 foot times.

My nitrous kit is a $400 kit from Nitrous Outlet. I manually press the button when I want to spray, very simple kit.

Thanks for the feedback.  That is good to know where your axles snapped. The M2 shortened shafts lack that groove (I'm no expert on metalurgy to know anything about the alloys), so perhaps that will give me a little more strength (?).  My (future) nitrous package will have a window switch and a progressive controller specifically purposed to protect the axles.  My plan is to leave the line at 3000 on the 2-step, spray comes up progessively starting at some rpm, perhaps 4500 to redline.  Redline will be determined by cam/springs.  I'll be selecting a cam that sacrifices some torque at the slow end for gains at the top end.  Having a manual trans, I'll need to automate things instead of running a manual switch.  The cost of the controllers will significantly jack up the cost of the system.  Once car is off jackstands I'm going to start rat-holing cash until I have $2000 in order to do the cam and spray all at the same time to save a $500 dyno/tuning session.  Thanks for sharing so much-a rising tide lifts all boats.

Edited by RebekahsZ

First, congrats on the 9 second pass!!

On another note, Does anyone have experience with this kit? https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/280z/complete-r200-r230-rear-end-conversion-z-car

If I plan on going any faster, this will have to be the next upgrade. My Chromoly CVs are nice but as one of the previous posters said, the Stub axles are the next to go.

I am running the TTT rear end kit with a 2.94 geared R230 diff behind a 2JZ TH400 combo. I have yet to break anything in the kit cutting 1.3x 60's. That being said, I also launch off the footbrake, preloading the drivetrain. It is shock that kills the IRS parts and not so much the power.  

The parts are top notch and definately heavy duty.

I will definately be putting them to the test with the new build ...  :icon12: ... but thats for another thread...

mike