HybridZ

Johns Cars (JCI) is the best!

Called JCI today and John has received my driveshaft back.  I've beaten on this driveshaft for a year with like-40 some 1/8 mile passes and 10 1/4 mile passes on slicks with my LS2/T56.  I noticed the paint cracking on the ends of the driveshaft so I sent it back to him to have it replaced.  He reduced the cost of a heavier duty replacement to the point that I'm sure he was going to lose money, so I sent him $50 more than he asked for.  He argued with me, but I prevailed.  At the price he quoted me, he would have had less than zero profit after shipping and driving around to have a new driveshaft made for me.  There is no reason for a company that stands by their products so faithfully to lose money.  Continue to support JCI!

Yup! I'm using the Johns Cars motor mounts, headers and driveshaft. I gave him the length he needed for the TH-350 and he had one sent out to me within a couple of days. I too have put this his parts through some abuse and they continue to hold up. What kind of times are you running with your set-up?

Sorry, I don't know.  I weighed it once in the 90s and it was 2160 without me; I think it had about a half tank of gas.  It had radial tires, a L24 engine, R180 diff and single exhaust with a Pacesetter header.  Otherwise it was pretty much the same (no interior save dash, light, metal framed sport seats).  I've added some brackets for trailer tie-downs, the LS2/T56/R200 since then, but all my recent times are without an exhaust system and super-light drag slicks and front runners.  My disc brake conversion is heavier than the stock rear brakes.  My gas gauge is goofy, so I try to keep it full.  I usually forget to remove my spare tire at the track and I have a full-size battery in the trunk.  I'll weigh it when (if ever) the exhaust is done.  My new driveshaft will be heavier.

The scale was on-base at Ft. Bragg-it was the kind of scale that semi's get weighed on so I can't account for its accuracy.  And I'm about 30 pounds heavier now, too.  Need to do more double-timin'.  I haven't shuffled to the door in a long time!

Edited by RebekahsZ

Ditto!  I was in the Dallas area 3 months ago and stopped in his shop to meet him.  John is a great guy, genuinly interested in helping people build cool cars.  He will stand by the parts/products he sells and will ensure he does what it takes to make things right.  I used many of his LS1 240z parts with great success!