HybridZ

STI R180 vs. R200 vs. stock R180

mditt8671

BluDestiny is right it depends a lot on how you treat the car. Usually when someone aims for high horsepower its because they plan to drag race, circuit race, street race or autocross the car. If you don't plan to regularly put the diff under that stress it should be fine.

• 1 month later...

Do the Subi diff.  Many failures occur due to loosened hardware, so check fastener torque on your axles regularly.  I also use a product called Torque Seal by Organic Products.  It is a brightly colored wax that allows you to "seal" your hardware in the same way that Thomas Jefferson used to seal his letters - with an impression (like a signet ring) that allows you to know if the bolt or nut has loosened.  Drag racing with stock u-joint axles, my outer 4 axle bolts tended to loosen a lot during one day at the track, so I just carried wrenches with me and re-torqued everytime I changed tires going to or from the track.  It was easy, but I'm glad I didn't make a habit of forgetting. wfritts911 has some pictures of what happens when your axle bolts loosen and it ain't pretty.