HybridZ

Summit LS1 universal harness?

Have you guys seen the LSX harness from summit?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-890122/overview/

Now, I'm not sure if this is just the engine and sensor/ecu harness, and requires the use of a regular harness for turn signals, lights, etc. Or if this is a complete unit that replaces the OEM LS harness AND can replace the stock datsun harness? ( From the picture shown, I'd guess it's sensor/ecu harness only, and still requires $$ for the rest of the wiring. )

It's pricey, so if it handles both, that's a fantastic way of saving a lot of time. I have a complete LS1 harness and ECU, and I was originally planning on getting this universal harness:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-890021/overview/

to replace the original datsun wiring, and mate it with the camaro harness that I have. Now, my lights all worked before, etc, but I'd ideally like to do this whole thing once, and do it correctly. 

What say you, HBZ?

Edited by auxilary

The harness is just for the power train. Keep in mind if you want to delete the emissions stuff and vats. (Vehicle anti theft system) you will need to have the pcm flashed. I used speartech to do all my harness and pcm work. They made a standalone harness and flashed the pcm with a performance tune and all the cats and emissions stuff for around 700$. Great people and decent turn around.

Well your datsun "body" harness is untouched really. As you leave the harness in the car that runs your lights and accesories. All you really do is have the harness that comes with your motor reworked into a stand alone harness. Along with having the pcm from you ls programmed. You dont touch your stock datsun harness much except for taping and securing off the obviouse stuff you wont need like the ingnition coil wires. Call up John at speartech and he will walk you threw what you need. Aslo read up on what a stand alone harness is. if you have a swap motor already with the harness and pcm your set.

Yeah, there are just a couple of wires that you have to use like a signal from the ignition switch to the stand alone fuse block to wake the thing up. Most everything else either comes off the stand alone fuse block or runs straight off the battery with a relay to turn things on. You will get a good electrical education doing the swap but it is nothing you can't work thru with a little snag from us as you encounter problems. Get the spearco and call Jim when you hit a snag.

Thanks guys. Been out of the Z game for a while, and now I'm starting to get back in because frankly, I am tired of not having a running Z for 9 years now.  

I am debating if I want to get the summit universal harness, because I would like to rewire everything once, and not have to deal with electrical gremlins later. I also can't find my camaro fuse box...I may have forgotten to pull that when I got rid of the car..:(