HybridZ

goal 12 second quarter miles how to do?????

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

how much does it cost to do a 280zx turbo motor properly? What parts to i need other than the engine, wiring harness and tranny and ecu? Does it fit right in or do i need different engine mounts?

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

You can run 12's with an N/A but it will take slicks and some hard driving. My high compression N/A 2.9L stroker with stock SU's ran 12.92 @ 104 mph and a 12.88 @ 105.8 mph with big bore SU's.The car is a daily driver and runs on 93 octane.

I had a lower compression 2.8L with stock SU's that would turn 13.4 @ 101 mph on regular street tires.

If you are a good mechanic and combine your parts right you should be able to build a high compression 2.8L with SU's that will run close to 12's.

Later,norm

• 2 weeks later...

I have a turbo motor in my 76z and i hit 12.9 @ 105 in the quarter too.The whole donor car cost me 100 bucks.I needed some other parts cuz the car wasn't running when i got it.The stock clutch won't handle the power but i did those times on street tires and pump gas with the clutch slipping. icon_biggrin.gif I think in all with the motor included i spent about 600 bucks to get where i am now.The engine fit right in no mods to the mounts or anything.All that has to be done is the wiring harness has to be wired and you have to make sure you have a r200 rear so you don't kill the r180 with that much power.I had my swap done in two days.