HybridZ

More problems...

Guest Zpeed

Well guys i've got the engine in and everything seemed to be working perfect.. well the engine is working perfect... just not the carbs...

i try to adjust to make the air flow right (with the meter) but i can't get it to work probably... it carbs pops (backfires) when ever i rev it a little higer... say 3000rpm or something like that...

i've had this problem before i did the rebuild but i thought it was the engine in the first place...

i bought the carbs with the owner saying they were okey and were running well. so i wouldn't expect them to have to be rebuilt..

anyone with any ideas... i would surely appreciatee... i'm going to put the original 260z carbs back on to see how they run... if they run allright i'll run them on there for a bit.. and asked a few Z people here in melbourne about my problem...

timing is perfect.... i did that when putting the engine together.. everything is alined... its all good.. engine is fully tuned... just not sure what to do with the carbs... to richen the mixture do i screw it to the top or to the bottom

OHHHHH DAMMNNN I GOT IT WORKING>.. I"M RAPT>..

i took your advice i made it run richer... but also i relised that there is a restrictor valve on the fuel rail going to the first front carburator, so i used a longer fuel pipe and connected them using the opposite fuel rails.. this cured my problem that i've had for ages...

so tommorrow i am going to remove the restrictor and use the normal pipes.

this thing sounds mean, i've never had my Z car working probably till now i can't bloody wait till tommorrow for the test drive... haha .... thanks again

my personal oppionion is that a 240z is the better car... only becuase the weight issue. I like my 260z, its the only Z i've had, but i've been in many 240z, and they just feel lighter... but i bought a 260z because it was only 2000 and was rust free... i've spent 2000 getting it roadworthy...

it is a very open question, how i find them becuase both are the same and both are different... in looks they are just about exactly the same... unless u get a 2+2 i've got a 2 seater...

in my car i am running pretty much stock at the moment, cept for a few little things

oversized pistons, bigger valves, an early E88 head, i've got high compression around 9.5:1... which is good for an N/A, and am running the 70Z SU's, which have very little to no Enviromental stuff on them.. which i wanted...

I'm changing my rear end to a 3.9 soon as i can pick it up, i get my license on wednesday so after wednesday i'll be gettting it..

also thats another factor.. the R200 is already in my 260z it came stock.. not sure what year it started to come stock..

my dream is either the rb26dett, or the chev V8... but right now... i want a powerful L6 N/A

ohh yer and the engine rebuild that i have just done, i've got everything replaced and balanced just about... pistons are balance to 0.2gm, engine is great and powerfull.. not to powerfull but i will get there..

where are u in australia... i'm in melb