HybridZ

turbo question( yes ive researched)

Hey guys, im new to the forum and new to my s30 efi. I wish to boost it using stock zxt components. Ive basically got everything from a junker minus:cause i want to use o.e. harness,pcm,dizzy,afm. I  have seen countless threads stating to use ALL of it from a doner. my question is this.. can i bolt on the turbo,plumb in 260cc injectors, and run stock 5-6 lbs of boost with retarding the timing 10 degrees? an intercooler and recirc bov will be used. i havnt seen anyone try it on the older bosch efi and from my understanding the injectors are both low impedance between n/a and e/t. has anyone done this? im not trying to make gobs of power, i just enjoy boost cruising. ive done something similar with an n/a sr20de s15 engine with 10.2 to 1 compression on super low boost using stock det injectors and a walboro pump, retarded the timing and dialed in with an safc..its death was from a collision.

please keep the negative banter minimal to help me conclude a legible answer. thanks guys.

Watch this video in it I explain how to raise the fuel pressure, I think I go into detail about spring adjustments for the afm So that you can run Ford 370cc injectors With a stock 280 ZX Turbo ECU.

What year is the motor you want to turbocharge different years had dished pistons or flat pistons that makes a difference on how much Boost you can run also what head is on your engine? Basically what year is the car you're trying to turbocharge

I second the What year engine are you trying to turbo? What components do you have that are Turbo ones? What components do you have that are n/a? With better info we can lead you in a good direction.

I have turbo'd an 83zx n/a engine, added turbo injectors and it was a nice little setup. Car would pass emissions with flying colors as well. Ran the car that way for 3 years before upgrading to megasquirt.

It has been done by many people.  :icon7:

Edited by dexter72