HybridZ

While I'm at it coilover / insulator question

I'm installing coilovers on my 75 280 and I'm about to start the rear and had a question. Should I put front insulators in the back while I have it apart to get more room for drop or incase I add camber plates in the front?

I'd rather only do this once. I already forgot to add the washer above the T3 top hat and have to remove the fronts to put them back in. Nothing like doing things twice.

Good choice .. I did it twice ..

I originally left all the original insulators in place onall 4 corners, but I didn't like the range of the drop in the rear, so I picked up some camber plates for the front and moved the front insulators to the rear.  Lesson learned, good thing it wasn't major work as it only took about a half hour.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally went with the Ground Control bolt in plates because I don't have the equipment/know how to weld anything in.  However, I'll more than likely re-do them with some weld ins in a year or two.  I want it my towers too have more of a "stock" flush look ....