HybridZ

Turn Signal/ Side Marker W/ EZ Wiring

240zBoy

So if I want driving lights and turn signals. If I splice turn signals into the marker lights, will they still blink if the lights are already engaged as driving lights, or atleast get brighter with more voltage. Also, the EZ kit calls them parking lights, these are what we call driving lights right?

Also, the EZ kit calls them parking lights, these are what we call driving lights right?

We? Who calls them that? Does it say that in the Datsun manual or something?

Google image search "driving light" and see how many parking lights come up.

Thank you for answering about the double feed to marker lights, I thought it wouldn't work.

lol my bad on the driving light term, I just meant like being visible during the day and night on the road with lights. I will probably just send a 12v switched to markers and the park lights? Any opinions

Edited by 240zBoy

EZ wiring calls them parking lights.  They are really RUNNING lights.  I am also installing EZ wiring harness.  Very hard to read the markings on the wires.  The installation manual leaves something to be desired.  Was going to modify the original 240Z wiring.  Discovered that Datsun put the fuses downstream from the controls and upstream of the electrical loads such as lights.  Completely engineered out the weaknesses in the original Datsun electrical system design when it was discovered the fuses were placed improperly in the electrical design.  Decided to go to EZ wiring 20 circuit Mini Fuse panel with harness.  Eliminating RH steering stalk for Headlights, Wipers and Washer.  Used Painless Wiring Headlight and wiper switches.  Still tying up the loose ends before installing the EZ wiring harness.  Built relay panel to switch the heavy current loads such as headlights and fans.

Awesome I to am doing the mini 20. I had my headlights and fans previously on relays and I will probably do that again but I think my head light switch might be faulty. I just bought it to replace my last one :(. Might have to look into those painless switches or even the EZ wire switches which are cheap if you have good luck with them. The manual is definately a terd and the wires could have been labeled a bit more user friendly. Should do the trick though.

Edited by 240zBoy

EZ wiring technical support really sucks.  They must be afraid they are going to be sued.  They will advise verbally, but will not pass along expanded documentation.  Again, the installation manual leaves a lot to be desired.  The wire marking could be a lot better.  They should use SILVER and more bold marking of the wires.  Had to reverse engineer the fuse panel to figure out the bussing of the fuses.  Which ones are directly on the battery buss and those that are on the key on buss.  Then there is one that is on neither buss.  Went to Radio Shack to get Molex connectors.  Would like to drop in the EZ wiring harness with Molex connector and just plug them in and be done with it.

Hmm you sound like what I'm about to do somewhere down the line. I just picked up a series 1 and the stalk controls are missing. Only thing that is powered by a switch is the headlights (no turn signals or running lights) and the brake lights of course. I'm planning on making as many things as needed run of a switch. Dash is gutted so I'm probably going to end up using some hair dryers for defrosters. 

The EZ Wiring manual and support is pretty bad but pretty much all the GM based panels, and there are A LOT, are set up the same way if you want to find better documentation.  For the money the EZ setup is a really good deal I think considering the quality of the wire.

I find their markings a little vague but very legible. Try doing an older Painless harness if you like to squint, they are well labeled and mostly illegible.  It's really not fair to compare a $180 kit to a 3 or $400 kit is it?  I think you are only paying for tech support and the name with many of them.