HybridZ

HLSD Install, How about the rest of the diff?

m1ghtymaxXx

I've got my OBX LSD and R Bryant rebuild kit, I'm starting on the intall this weekend. I'll be using the 3.90 case and gears out my previous S130 with the stub axles currently in my 77. Of course the topic of setting up the OBX has been beaten to death, but in all the threads there seems to be no mention of setting up the rest of the diff.

Reading through the differential chapter of the FSM is enough to make your head spin (at least if you're like me and have little to no hands on experience building diffs), but everyone installing the OBX ,or any other LSD carrier, barely even mention shimming the the rear gear, let alone setting up all the other tolerances in a diff. Am I not giving OBX enough credit, or wouldnt a shotty machined chinese carrier throw off pretty much everything?

I'm just wondering what all I'm getting myself into, and whether or not I should be trying to line up a good drivetrain guy. At the moment I'm thinking I'll throw the diff together as it came a part and check the back lash and wipe pattern and take it from there, but what have other's experiences been like with this install?