HybridZ

75 280z full urethane bushing change

Was just curious and doing some research and decided to buy ES 7.18102 HyperFlex Master Kit . Tho I was reading on the zcar forum that people do rubber bushing on the steering column and or just do urethane in the front and rubber in the rear?

Just curious what the benefits were to doing it this way. Or if this was common thing to do rather then doing full urethane all around.

You're talking about the tension/compression rod.  People do rubber in the back and urethane in front because all-urethane has led to the end of the rod breaking off in some cases (mine did).  Plus all urethane can lead to much more noise (creaking and groaning), at least it did in my case.  To be clear though, I did the rods without doing the control arm bushings.  I think that the worn bushings put more load on the T/C rod bushings in certain situations.

Some people do fine with all urethane, but the urethane in the back only sees real work in reverse.  It's a better-safe scenario.