HybridZ

l28e

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey 82racer, could u post some pics of yur ZX on here, so I can have a geez. Also I believe u can purchase performance camshafts, If your looking for a drag type of car I know that MJP

www.internetsecureserver.com/mjpauto/index.html

sell some for the l28 series motor, I think they could give u a little more umpf! But they are an English company.

Hey man wot are the oversized injectors from??? Cuz I would love to blow the doors off a few cars around my area!!!!

Also wot do u think your 0-100km (0-60mph) times are as well as an approx quater mile that yur running?

(The 0-100 are more important to me than quater)

I'm just wondering cuz I have a N/a 280zx too, and I'm wondering if I should change some internals as a current cheap alternative

Cheeeeeerrs

Az icon_biggrin.giftwak.giftwak.giftwak.gif

Things i did to my 280zx that was chhep but made a difference.

1. Loose factory air cleaner. Had a cone filter atached to the fuel injection hose that ran trough the radiator support.

2. 2.5 inch exhuast on the factory manifold.

3. Slightly larger trotle body. Cant rememeber where this came from. Oh ex race Item i got cheep.

4. Plug erg hose with a ball bearing.

I love my car and it was a heavy 2+2.

Something I was going to do before i t/bone some stupid cow in it was wack on a turbo from the 2 lt l20 turbo 6. Seeing that you are in Aussie you might be able to find one of these at a jap import yard.They came of the early eighty lurals and skylines. I was'nt going to play with the boost. Just run standard compresion ratio an intercooler and around the factory 6-8 psi. i was trying to do this with no money as usual and hadnt thought about the fueling to much. You cam tweek the fuel pressure or mabye run an aditional injector that is controled buy a pressure switch.

Cheers

Douglas

(The 0-100 are more important to me than quater)

Hey AZ,

little confused by the statement. To me they are one and the same icon_biggrin.gif . If you are shooting for the quickest 0-100, then you are drag racing and for an NA, 100mph happens to be a nice target for a 1/4-mile MPH.

If you are looking for a good bang for the buck, go for a lower final drive ratio. Not sure what ratio the R-O-W 280ZXs had, but if it is 3.54, then hunt down some 3.90s.

Guest Anonymous

well as my budy always said $#!* happends the deal with the 73 whent through the floor it ant guna happen the dude just cant make up his mine and now he wants more for it and i just dont have it.... oh and those hondas haha i just out ran a turbo vtech or what ever it is but i know it was turbo because i could hear it and the injectors arnt bought oversized you just open them up a little very carfully...... worked fine for me...well looks like im sticking with the 82 after all oh well oh the body work yea im doing it my selfe actuily im geting the dents and rust out now befor i start my custom stuff i dont have pics on the web yet if you email me i can send you some of when i first got it it isent all that bad looking just a 280zx droped a 1/2 inch with some 15x10 custom rims on it... i think i do 0-60 in about 4.5 or 5 it gets out the hole rather well 2 fast some times any ways because of the low profile tires it will only run 85 in 3ed after that i dont know i just shift at 5500rpm and let her fly..... hope to start the body work soon... haha im jumping around a lot arnt i sorry....hang in there almost dun.... the windows are a great idea mater of fact mine are going iv seen it dun and it is very easy simply remove the window and weld BAM bondo/fiberglass sand prime no window the ram are is still in the desighn state but i think im guna go with a stock turbo hood and punch 2.. 2and a hafe inch holes weld 1 2and a hafe inche tubes to the back ::after makeing some kind of screen to keep crap out:: then hook 2 hoses up then a y pipe so its one then run it into the intake i think im guna try and get my hands on one of those filters that look like a little kids ball... ever seen one they fit right in the tube so you cant see em.. any ways im out email me guys and good luck...

Guest Anonymous

just another quick question. whats you email address? it would be nice to compare notes with another ZXer on body, suspension mods that can be performed on em.

Guest Anonymous

Actually, I think he means 0-100kph (He's in Australia) so it's really 0-60mph. ("Also wot do u think your 0-100km (0-60mph) times are as well as an approx quater mile that yur running?")

Guest Anonymous

really so your gettin round 5.0seconds for 0-100kph. That sounds a whole lotta fun! Does that mean that u can eat WRX's?? I just would like to blow every panel off one of those, they really peeve me!

I just redone the head gasket and all that stuff, that needs to be fixed when the gasket blew, and I took it out about 5 mins ago with my dad in the passengers seat, and he asked me to let it rip I kindda did, and I prolly only got around 7 secs I guess... but it felt like a hell of a rush and I want more!!!

Tell me all the mods I would need to get 5.0secs

U have oversized injectors..... andddddd....??

I would need a pod filter.....

i know a guy that beat 97 wrx, he had a 240z with L28 N42 head, flat top pistons, head mildly port and polished, a mild cam, 2 1/4 exhaust, compression is at like 10.1:1 ,aftermarket filters for the 240z SUs, a 3.9 R200 rear end and a 5spd. he beat it off the line and to around 120kmph he said... . that thing goes hard.. prolly does low 14s high 13s... but i think he said that the WRX beat him around the corner thou, but now he has some better stiffer suspension so he might be able to beat it around the corner to now.. haha

just something to think about.. i know you are talkin bout a ZX, but it has the same engine anyway, cept for the SU's

maybe get some bigger injectors, a K&N cone (or just a homemade one) , 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 exhaust

just start with the small things then get bigger..

and i think a stock 280zx does 0-100 in 10 secs.. u got a long way to go to get to 5secs... hehe.. hope to see that car when u get there

damn kinda went off the subject there of the turbo and lbs and stuff.. sorry...

Guest Anonymous

cerv are all good unless your stoped then nall it then about the time i hit second i hit the corrnor lets say lighting the back tires up and turning arnt so good in my z... haha any ways i helld it like a pro .. as normal.. and walked the guy in the turbo v6 honda.. not bad for a honda lol even if he cant last second gear.... haha just whent out driveing in the rain hows going through gears till i hit 3ed and not moveing i love the rain its so easy on tires.... haha and try going down a straight road and ketch second hard i mean it lights them up on dry but in the rain haha well its so much fun im guna go do it agean flamedevil.gif

• 4 years later...

Hi Im a zxer as well from Australia .Ive also thought of removing the back windows [we have the long pointed ones not like i see in the US with narrower cut off backs ] If i smooth the window area check out the look and maby do a small triangular scoop or gills like mustangs have.So I would apreciate any pictures you have .Thanks Col