HybridZ

Super Scary trans lock up!!!

280zex

Update: So I got my transmission back from my now former friends shop. I went to another shop and got the help I needed to re-assemble the 240sx trans. While the guys were doing the re-assembley I got a dremmel with the 90 deg tool attachment and a bunch of 60 grit sanding drums and ground down the countershaft bearing seat to allow clearance for the thicker countershaft gear. that took 4 hours but I got'r done!

Now I have a totally rebuilt 240sx transmission fitted with the 280zx bell housing. The cost was 225$ for the used trans, 650$ for a complete rebuild with heavy duty bearings and 50$ for re-assembley of said trans at another shop. I got a deal from the guys at the trans shop after I explained my issues with the old trans shop. Apparently they know my former friend and his shady work ;-(

Now its time to get the trans back into the Z and start the mods to the trans brace and shorten the drive shaft.....