HybridZ

GOT MY HANDS ON A 3ed SMALL BLOCK

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

haha i work for a pest controal company and i was comeing out from under this house these people had just bought when i noticed a motor stand in the grage i got up when and asked the guy if it was there when he bought the house and if so what was he planing on doing with it then we walked over to it when i was dun aroun 8 it was dark so we had flash lights AND THERE IS A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY SITING IN THE CORNOR OF THE ROOM dident have time to really look at it but i looked and on the intake it is stamped GM and how can i find out what intake this is like what it came off of i have the casting number but i couldent find any where that could help me with casting numbers on intakes should i just check the motor vin and hope its the stock intake?

There are part number / casting number bookds available, although I've never looked at one closely. There are sites on the internet that have parts of them (ahem) copied into web pages. Try a search for "casting number" and see what comes up. One is: http://www.mortec.com/castnum.htm

That will help with the block and head casting numbers. As far as manifold numbers, I'm not sure they are even present on the GM parts, but might be. Anyway, that mortec site should help seeing what block and heads are on that puppy.

Good Luck,