HybridZ

77 Z only runs while being charged by another car

Hi, I am new to Z ownership after just buying a '77 280Z two months ago.  I just finished replacing the clutch, flywheel, and clutch hydraulic system.  When I went to start the car after putting everything together, it wouldn't start, so I jumped it and it started right up.  As long as it's being charged by another car it will run just fine, but once I unhook it, the car slowly starts choking and then stalls out.  I checked the battery terminals and they are fine, so is this an alternator problem?  or maybe a fuse box?

Yes everything worked before I took the car apart.  I had a flywheel bolt that was backing out and the clutch master cylinder was leaking, but it was driving.  As long as the car's battery is hooked up to my other car, it runs just fine.  Once I take off the jumper cables, the car slowly starts to run rougher until it dies.

I tightened and cleaned up some connections and got the car to start and stay running on its own.  I tested the alternator and it's running at the proper voltage.  Only problem I have now is something is draining the battery now, because if it sits any longer than an hour it needs to be jumped again.  Thanks for all your help!