HybridZ

77z throttle issue. help!

i have an issue with my fuel injected z. i just got an exhaust installed but before that the car ran fine. now my car will idle fine but as soon as the throttle is pressed the engine stumbles. dosent die but if u hold down the throttle the car will stumble for 2 or 3 seconds the rev up. any ideas? could this be a backpressure issue?

My bet is on an electrical connector getting damaged, destroyed, or left disconnected during the exhaust install. Did you have a header put in? That's a more involved job than just replacing the exhaust pipe and something could've easily been left off or knocked loose.

It's probably a vacuum leak.  Check the hoses.  The Idle is fine so it's probably not any back pressure. It's stumbling on throttle because the vacuum isn't enough to pull the advancement.  It catching up after 2-3 seconds goes right along with this diagnosis.  Take a look for cracked hoses, or any disconnected barbs. These engines are old, the rubber doesn't last forever. Fortunately rubber is cheap to replace.

ok so its defenetly not a back pressure issue nor a fuel issue...

i found that when we remove the vacumm hose from the air ressure regulator

the motor dosnt stall out but as soon as you disconect the vacuum house from

the valve cover it stalls out after 2-3 seconds. also not sure if this is an issue or not but with the key in the on positioin if the flap in the maf is moved the injectors dump gas with no noticeable pulse.

any advice is helpful and appreciated

key in the on positioin if the flap in the maf is moved the injectors dump gas with no noticeable pulse.

I think it is normal since my car did the same when I troubleshoot my FI system. Or we may have 2 car with abnormal problem :)