HybridZ

Possible spark blowout

I'm getting a misfire at about 5500 rpm under load at 17psi boost. All specs are in my sig. I thought it may be spark blowout so I pulled the spark plugs and rechecked the gap. I have 0.030". Are there other things that could be causing spark blowout or could it be a problem with my ignition system? The plugs are NGK BPR7ES using MS2 V3.0 firing a single coil. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I changed my plugs and closed the gap to .028 and now no more problems :) We should try to meet up sometime. There is a classic Japanese meet every third Sunday of the month in Dunwoody. Good luck with the dizzy.

I changed my plugs and closed the gap to .028 and now no more problems :) We should try to meet up sometime. There is a classic Japanese meet every third Sunday of the month in Dunwoody. Good luck with the dizzy.

We could do that or sometime sooner. What part of town are you in?

• 2 weeks later...

I drag raced the car tonight. I replaced the cap, rotor, and spark plugs (BPR7ES). I didn't have a feeler gauge so I just closed the gap a little and the problem is gone. I didn't have the MSD box connected so I was able to fire just fine with the MS coil driver. The engine idles a little rough after the plug change now with the tighter gap. Anyone have this problem? Otherwise the car has never run better.

• 2 months later...

Go to Z1Motorsports.com. Click on the Znationals icon and check out the info. This event happens out in Carollton Ga at their shop once a year. I think this is the biggest z event on the East Coast.... I think they said 2000 people last year, I've been the past two years and it keeps getting better. Give me a call if you want.

Nelson

404 932-9654