HybridZ

Washer for Crank pulley?

I have my car almost completely back together and forgot to put this in, i'm not sure if it goes on after the pulley or before?

If I don't put it in will it be completely detrimental to my car, Just wanted to make sure before I took everything apart again.

Thanks

oops_zpsa59efb08.jpg

I came across this on Zcar.com so I guess i'll try it without the oil sling.

The purpose is to "sling" oil to lube the timing chain. The part can be left off and is recommended in high RPM engines to be left off. This is not only done by many engineicon1.png builders, but is even written in the "How to Hotrod Your Nissan" book as a performance build modification. It explains quite well why to leave it off. It comes down to oil return rate and rotational resistance from the large amounts of oil in the timing chain area. Much of the oil returns back to the oil pan via the front timing chain. The slinger kicks the oil back up and keeps the chain bathed in oil at low engine speeds. The problem is it inhibits some of the oil it slings from returning back to the pan. This excessive oil is just generating resistance to rotation. Kind of the same effect as windage in your crank case.

Stock trim... It wont mater either way. Me... I've always left it off and have never had a problem. Street or race.