HybridZ

bled the system 5 times.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I missed that one by a mile! Way to go team. I had a similar aggravation with my clutch failing to disengage due to flywheel warpage. I gotta add this to my bag of trouble shooting tricks. Thanks for taking us all along to learn something new.

Glad you found it!

I find it hard to understand why you did not include that you had the rotors turned right before this problem started though.  I bet your problem would have been called out in the first couple posts instead of in a list of wild guesses on the 2nd page...oh well, your brakes work now.

I have this EXACT same problem. I only bled my brakes because my fluid was black (previous owner). Now my pedal goes to the floor before engaging, hissing sound in slave reservoir, bled the brakes 3 times(as per hybridz specs). I guess I will get my rotors checked one day. Kinda short on cash. I also need new pads. I was about to buy a new MC but I may try the rotor and pads if that is what fixes it. Awesome advice everyone.

I have this EXACT same problem. I only bled my brakes because my fluid was black (previous owner). Now my pedal goes to the floor before engaging, hissing sound in slave reservoir, bled the brakes 3 times(as per hybridz specs).

You bled your brakes and "now" the pedal goes to the floor because you have a rotor that was turned off-perpendicular?  If your brakes worked before, and you didn't just have your rotors turned then you probably don't have the exact same problem. 

The black in the brake fluid is probably worn out seal material.  When you bled the brakes you probably pushed the MC piston down in to a rusty zone and finished off the seal.  Try blocking the ports at the MC like RangerWill did and see if you can build pressure.  If not, the MC needs work.