HybridZ

motorsport auto header question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I recently bought the 3into 2 header from MS auto, it came with the y adapter and in the instructions it says i shouldnt weld it?? Im thinkin ok whatever and put it all in, when i start the car the y adapter gets extremely loose and is about to fall off!! is there really any reason not to weld it, if not then it's gonna say hi to mr MIG.

I purchased the MSA 6-2 header and I welded mine and then welded a 3" collector on to that. I did cut it down first so it really isn't that long and dropping the engine in was no problem.

i have the same 6/2 msa header and did the following to increase ground clearance and ease removal. shortened the 2 secondary pipes on the header by approx. 2", shortened the 2 pipes on the "collector" by approx. 2" and then had them enlarged to slip over the header secondaries, welded them together. then cut off the collector just after the 2/1 joint and added a header [u can use a 2 or 3 bolt flange] flange, added the same to the exhaust that mates to it. i now have the pipes neatly tucked up [look at any z that has this header and u'll notice the header hangs down about 3-4" below the frame rails-not good on a lowered z], and the header/exhaust is easy to unbolt as well.