HybridZ

Honda XL500 piston for stroker??

Mack

I have heard that this was a big thing over in japan for a while, just thought I would see if any of you guys have heard of it? from what I ahve heard, you use the Honda XL500 piston 89mm bore, and the desiel crank, and a FJ20ET rod (144mm, I beleived) if that is true, it must have a low pin height, which would solve the whole rod stroke ratio thing, and you can get these pistons from weisco fairly cheap and theyt are forged!! if anyone has ANY info on this, please, feel free to share!

McAdam

i have bought enough wiesco pistons for my jetski,atv,dirt bikes to almost own the company.pistons are very good- all forged.that piston would probably be about $100 .just rebuilt my xr 600.have old piston laying around.when you mess with 2 strokes and run them lean you learn lots of EXPENSIVE lessons.i just cringe when i hear people ask tuning questions on a turbo engine cause when engines are making 2hp/cubic inch you dont get any time to adjust before meltdown.