HybridZ

Spark at coil. No spark at spark Plugs

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have 3 wires to the dizzy. 12v, ground and signal. The signal wire goes to pin 24 in the megasquirt harness. You should have a 1k 1/4 watt pullup resistor jumped across pin 28 and 24. Set fidle output to spark A. That will be wired to a GM hei module. The hei module will also require a pullup resistor. I don't know all the little details off the top of my head but all that info is here. Also use the link I sent you.

Do I still need an HEI module if i have a 6al? I talked to a guy at diyauto a while a go and he said I didnt need one if i had a 6al. also i dont have any resistors so that could be another issue. Im also using a generic wiring harness from diyauto so idk if all the pins are the same, it also comes with a lot of wires that you dont use.

I forgot you were using an MSD box. You still need the pullup resistor from 12v to pin 24. Just jump pins 28 and 24 with a 1/4 watt 1k ohm resistor. Your turbo dizzy will have 12v, signal (to pin 24) and ground. Get all that fixed and you should get an rpm signal. You need that before anything else. Let me know if you still need help after that.

alright a little confuse.

question one: Is a pull up resistor a separate component or is that the 1/4 watt 1k ohm resistor?

question two: By you saying jump wires, does that mean that Im just basically bridging them with the resistor?

since I dont have half the stuff on that attached thumbnail, Im even more confused haha.

It's wired exactly like the diagram? Are you reading any sensors with your laptop connected with tuner studio? Do you get rpm with a stim? You may want to contact diy tech support or open a thread in megasquirt subforum for more help, it request to get this one moved there.

Again I have no experience with anything electrical or tuner related haha so all of this is foreign to me haha. Thanks for all the help though. Not having someone here to walk me through it is going to make this a long and frustrating process for both of us haha. I might want to try and take it to a shop and see if they can figure it out. I dont think there are any 280z megasquirt experts where Im at though haha.