HybridZ

nitrous safety?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

im pretty new to L6 performance mods and all, and i was just wondering if L-series engines mesh well with nitrous sytems. i wasnt thinking of anthing too hefty just maybe a 50-shot or so. if anyone's done something like this please tell me about your experiences. im planning on swapping to a chevy V8 anyhow, so basically im jsut asking how many times you think i'll be able to run my nos system.

A friend of mine ran a dry setup on his 280ZX. It was jetted to about 40-50 hp which I think is pretty safe. The only other mods were a MSD ignition, intake & exhaust. I don't remember if he changed his clutch or not. Just read all you can on the subject and don't get greedy. If you try and jet it too high you will run into problems. I went one jet too high and I lost a cylinder in my celica. But if you jet it right and follow all the safty precautions, you should be able to make as many runs as you want.

Guest Anonymous

i also think a small shot would be fine. i had a all stock parts bottom end 3.0 stroker motor and ran a 120 shot to the wheels with some regularity and other than a head gasket and the pistons glands compressing on the rings it held together just fine.i think an 80 shot to the wheels with a hi-po clutch would be a very streetable setup. it`s all about taking the time , using an air /fuel gauge and taking the time and money to do a system right. http://photos.yahoo.com/sss510six good luck

Guest Anonymous

thanks for the input guys im looking forwrd to running my nos soon. im actaully just gonna keep this engine until i can do a V8 swap sorry to leave our L6 brotherhood but i'll still keep my L6 around and im reasearching how to swap it into a 510 now.