HybridZ

Went to the track yesterday

I am watching this as well.  I will be finishing my set up in a few months.  I have a LS3 with a Maggie blower, custom ground cam, and some goodies in the heads..... this is all through a T56.... I am undecided of which way to go....R230, or Ford 8.8...... I can get my hands on a LSD R200 but I don't know if it will hold up......

I just got off the phone with a friend who knows a guy that has a 280z with the infiniti rear conversion already done. I am going to go by and look at the setup. I want to keep the IRS system in the car. I already have a 9" setup ,but do not want to cut the car up. But I learned along time ago never say never.I will go back to the track in a few weeks with the new 300zxt axles(OE), and try it again,and if breaks try something else, or change the setup the way it  was before and keep racing. Thanks for all the replys and information.Jerry

Look into the Ford 8.8  conversion........ It seems to me that it is more stout and can take a beating.  That and the fact it seems to be the best bang for the buck at this point.  I have something in the works using that rearend.......Talk to Sunny Z he and Wfritts are using that set up......

Jerry,

If anyone knows the R200 is pretty strong it's you. Are you looking at other diffs because of the supporting hardware (halfshafts and stub axles) or because of the strength of the diff itself? I wasn't aware that you were actually breaking diffs!

Joe

Edited by rags

Jerry,

If anyone knows the R200 is pretty strong it's you. Are you looking at other diffs because of the supporting hardware (halfshafts and stub axles) or because of the strength of the diff itself? I wasn't aware that you were actually breaking diffs!

Joe

Joe, the R200 and stub axles in the car is the original ones from the factory, I plan on going faster with this setup ,but just seeing what is available. several weeks ago at the track I went a 5.57 @ 130mph with a 1.38'  60' and a 3.74 at the 330', The last pass of that day is on you tube called Remdemtion pass, I went a 1.36  60' and a 3.66 at the 330' but had to let it go because it was heading toward the center line, that should have been a 5.40 something pass. The car is kind of hard to hold, so that is why I am trying the Drag Radials for stability and driveabilty. I won't to keep the car IRS if at all possible. I made a comment along time ago that just about anybody can go fast on a narrowed rearend, but I think it is cool to go fast of stock stuff. I will be trying the car again in a couple of weeks to find out if the CV axles were just fatigued. The car is back together and I have another spare set of axles on order. Thanks for your reply. Jerry

Look into the Ford 8.8  conversion........ It seems to me that it is more stout and can take a beating.  That and the fact it seems to be the best bang for the buck at this point.  I have something in the works using that rearend.......Talk to Sunny Z he and Wfritts are using that set up......

I will send SunnyZ  and Wfritts a PM, Thanks Jerry