HybridZ

83 280zx turbo conversion to small block chevy

hello gang i am contemplating a small block chevy into my 83 280zx turbo. reason is i do not know much about the turbo scene and i am more of a simplistic chevy guy. meaning i have no knowledge in foreign made cars. but i got this one because i wanted to own one since in school long ago. now, i have a 90 s13 with a conversion in it. it is freaky fast! however i dont like how they laid it out. so i have this great chevy engine sitting on my engine stand. that i am really thinking of dropping it in my 83. so is there somewhere i can go to look for the proper engine mounts and so forth? i am also not opposed to keeping it original as it is a numbers matching all original vehicle. it ran for a bit when i first bought it and then never started after that. its beyond my abilities to start tearing the motor up. the build for the engine is supposed to be in cardomain i beleive. it was built in vegas and i am in hawaii. i posted once in here and i forgot about this. so im trying it again. its from vegas and the sin city z club. has all the autographs of the builders under the hood. pretty kool. anyhow i am in terrible need of some guidance. again i am not a turbo guy or even foreign makes as well. just a simple chevy boy who does not really want to rip up this oriental toy to stick a v8 in it. any and all help will be greatly appreciated. aloha, jay

post-29243-0-46007300-1373512670_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have a complete, new and unopened JTR v8 engine and trans mount conversion kit for a great price, does that help decision????  ZX with a v8 is the best zx in my opinion

Hello yes i am interested in it. let me know. I do have engine mounts from an s10 conversion which are almost identical. What i dont have is the transmission crossmember for the chevy trans. The engine mounts look the same but not really sure of it.