HybridZ

Weird Problem...Please help.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok my car runs perfectly, my problem is that when I put it in gear and try and move it has NO, I mean like NO power at all. I back up and I can't really back up at all beacuse all the power just goes away, like when I drove it on my road I had my foot in the gas, floored, and it wouldn't go past 3000 rpm, which is really wierd beacuse at idle it will rev all the way to redline. I can not figure this out, I have an L28 with early SU's on it that i just rebuilt. The only thing I could think of is that im running a header to a straight down pipe and thats it beacuse I still havent hung my exhaust yet, but that doesnt make since to me. Please help me.

Lance

Guest Anonymous

Ok put my car up on stands and put it in neutral. The driver side spins fine but I look to see what the passenger side is doing and it goinf back and forth only moving a couple inches. When i try and manually spin it, it doesn't spin at all, it feels as if it's stuck or hitting something. I'm assuming it does this because the diff is bound up. If this sounds right tell me because I have an extra diff sitting in my garage.

Thanks

Lance rockon.gifcheers.gif

Does it do it in all different gears? IE...can you go to a higher rpm in 1st gear than in 2nd gear? Or is it at a certain speed that it happens?

When it hits 3K RPM, what happens? does the engine start to miss, does it run OK but just immediately stops revving past 3K?

Are you sure the parking brake on the right side isn't sticking?

Guest Anonymous

It does it in all gears, ive tried reverse, 1st and 2nd. After 3,000 rpm I have to put my foot in it just to keep it from dieing but it runs fine when i do that. It might be the E-brake but im now thinking that its the differential more and more. When i spin the left tire when it's up in the air it just goes back and forth and i cant get it to budge to go any further. Im pretty sure its the diff. Could this do it if its really low on gear oil or is it becuse its all bound up?

Thanks

Lance rockon.gifcheers.gif

If it is rpm related and not so much speed related, I don't think it's your diff...the diff doesn't care which gear or at what RPM your at, it only sees the speed at which it turns.

If it was locking up that bad, I'd imagine you'd have some pretty loud noises coming from it...unless something just really came apart inside..