HybridZ

Say Hi To The Newbie...

Guest Big Purds

Guest Big Purds

I am new to this forum, but not to Zs...

I have 3 Datsuns. A 71 240Z, all custom, that I am currently fixing up after it was stolen and wrapped around a pole.

I have a 77 280 with a 350 in it, pretty tame by most standards I believe. The 71 could outrun it. I am running an Edelbrock Torker Intake and a Holley 750. This car was given to me by someone who had no faith, and was as easy as replacing the driveshaft and driving away.

My 3rd Datsun is a stock 79 280ZX, which I am currently pondering what I should do to it. I use it as my daily driver...

See ya around...

Guest Big Purds

The 71 is running everything race equipment in the bottom end, forged pistons, racing crank, its cammed up, MSD ignition, triple webers, tuned tranny, twin electric fans, etc etc...

The car was built originally in 1980, and over the years has deteriorated, and I ended up picking it up with a few problems a couple of years ago for 3500 bucks. There is alot of custom body work on it as well, Porsche whaletail, Sequential Taillights out of a '69 Cougar, shaved doorhandles (there is now a push button under the Z emblem behind the rear windows which opens the doors), Custom grille built by Western Star, etc etc...

It moves well. The 350Z doesnt have as much torque off the line, and the 71 has enough power to get that jump and maintain distance.

Now I just have to get the damn car back on the road.

Hi Purds,

Sounds like that 350 in that car is pretty out of tune or something.

I'd love to see pictures of the custom body work. 20 years ago I had the idea of putting 60's sequential Cougar tail lights in the back of my Z. I fell in love with them when I saw my friends 68 Shelby GT500 with the same lights.

Welcome,

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I don't think anyone would want to see the car right now... might make some guys cry to see how bad it is... Having been in it when it was on the road it was a pretty quick car.

The 350 had a Torquer2 Edelbrock... supposedly sacrifices low end torque for top end which would kinda explain what's going on with that.

But I'm just a noob too, actually don't even have a Z yet... just need to go pick it up from a neighbouring province tho.