HybridZ

Weber DCOE choke question

Datsun_jones

I'm not using the Chokes on my DCOE 45's, I live in Las Vegas so there really is no need for them. I was looking at Billet block off plates for them but I was wondering what is involved in the process. Do I need to remove anything inside the carb or simply screw the plate on? Any help is appreciated.

No major modification needed...I believe you just unscrew the old off, and screw on the blanking plate.  However, I dont think this is really necessary, unless you want it for aesthetics.   Just make sure the chokes are set in the off position.  They arent going anywhere.

FYI, you can also buy plates from piercemanifolds.com

I believe you are meaning you don't use the starter circuit.

The chokes go in the bore to give a Bernoulli effect to siphon fuel from the float bowl.

Blocking off the starter system, prevents over-rich situations from arising under some circumstances.

Most guys simply safety wire the starter lever in the "off" position and call it done.

The starting jet is still there, and it is possible through vibration and wear things can leak by...if its not there, it can't leak.

The Cold Starting Circuit is a piece of wire running through all the levers so they move the same amount when you pull on the lever inside the car whilst cold-cranking with the engine ignition turned on...

______/---\______/---\______/---\______

Eh!