HybridZ

What turbos to run?

Arif

I've read several posts online saying that the Tomei manifolds tend to crack over time and to stick with the stock manifolds. If anything just port match the stock manifolds for better gains without the worry of cracking. Is any here running the Tomei manifolds? I'd like to here your feedback on them.

That is what i did i port matched my stock manifolds it was a easy but time consuming job.

Well, if I stay with the twins I'd want to upgrade to Tomei manifolds and downpipes for best flow so the cost probably wouldn't be any more for a single setup.

I run the Tomei dump pipes (link below for image only.  I dont know anything about the seller)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tomei-Extension-Dump-Pipe-Nissan-Skyline-RB26-R32-33-34-GTR-rb26dett-/140899744485.

They are a very well made and flow great when making higher power levels..  I wish I had a photo showing the inside diameter/bends to show the difference from stock.

I run stock manifolds which have been ported heavily.  There is a lot of meat on the stockers and it takes some to port them but they have stood up very well and I saw no need for aftermarket manifolds at the power level I am making.

My downpipes are custom made 3 inch stainless from the dumps.   I am sure the tomei downpipes are fantastic but they are quite expensive like most of their high quality products.

Drew, are those Tomei dump pipes 3"? From working on my Z32 I learned you can get a lot more power and responsiveness by going with a larger dump right after the turbo. [/quot

Hi Arif. They are 2.75" . Less restructive than stockers without a doubt.

Edited by DREW RBZ

I've decided to go with GT-SS (-9's) turbos, they have virtually the same response as -7's but make more power higher up and will be better at higher revs also (I'd like to be able to rev to 8000)

Bigger power goal now, want 450hp on my normal map and then a high boost map on a switch with 550hp.