Jump to content

EF Ian

  • Content Count

  • Donations

    0.00 USD 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Feedback


EF Ian last won the day on January 11 2019

EF Ian had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

11 Good

1 Follower

About EF Ian

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Birthday 04/30/1988

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Portrush - Northern Ireland
  • Interests
    Cars, Motorbikes, Boats anything with an engine, Watersports.

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Media blasting is the best way to go in order to remove all rust. But only if the place doing it are experts that know the correct angles, distances and pressures to use and avoid anything other than the edges of the roof, doors and bonnet. It must also be epoxy primed asap after, same day or next day at latest. Regarding a question above about dustless blasting and rusting, there is a strong rust inhibitor added to the water used and also sprayed on after. I still do not trust it though so will not use it on mine.
  2. So, Lots and lots of badly repaired areas have been revealed by the dual media blasting process, not quite what I was expecting. Its all going to be repaired though and the car will be left mint. This is how she sits, parts are on their way and work should continue in January sometime.
  3. Mine is pretty much this. I''ll actually be redoing it, will be the same but the rear lines will end up mounted nearer the filter and the filter will be mounted higher up.
  4. Should be fine, N/A I am assuming? Mine has had no problem running 500hp and 490lbft and thats an older long nose too, the newer short nose I imagine would be stronger. Of course with really wide drag radials it might be different.
  5. Yeah, I completely missed out some posts on this thread somehow.. After reading them they all agree with what I was thinking.
  6. While I like the idea of reinforcing the front around the radiator panel area between the rails due to how much stiffer it could make the chassis I would be worried about problems that could arise from an unfortunate front end knock hence why I left mine stock and didn't stitch weld past the support. What are others opinions on this?
  7. 11 years, thats a long time, you definitely deserve to enjoy this epic Z you have built yourself. Some videos at some point would be great. Bad job on the wilwoods, my smaller setup works great but I did have an mind to upgrade to an AP Racing setup when I can.
  8. Well, progress is slow, but at least there is progress. There is both good and bad news. Bad news is that there is going to be more work and cost than planned due to us finding lots of badly done previous repairs all of which will need fixed and I expect some more will be revealed during blasting. Good news is at least it proved my approach of going fully bare metal has been justified and my view that most places do a crap job of metal work has been proved correct. Good that all issues will be found and addressed and my choice of using Resto shack to ensure the work is done as best as possible is a good one. Badly repaired rear panel Gone, right side bumper mount was bent, its now been sorted. Rotisserie mounts made: Scraping time Steam cleaned Unwanted brackets and holes in the bay welded up
  9. I was considering adding traction control as an upgrade at some point so a T3 part to run a sensor on the front would be useful.
  10. Nicely designed. I am understanding this right? They are straight pipes when the valve is open but with it closed the exhaust is forced to go through a double pass muffler?
  11. Lastly it was on to the fan box. This was looking a bit sorry for itself. Took it apart: I cleaned all the parts up and removed all the old foam which had turned to powder Sent some parts for blasting Primed them: Sprayed them, wasn't easy as the one on the right has lots of brackets, gaps, internal parts, edges and so on which all needed to be properly coated. Also for larger jobs like this I really need to get an air/water separator. A 300L compressor was planned as part of my garage extension but that hasn't happened yet so still working from a small one. Started reassembly: All back together and with the foam all replaced and the heater core flushed it should operate better than before. They definitely don't look >40 years old now.
  12. Apologies for the large photos, I have ajusted my settings for future uploads. Next I turned my attention to the heater box: Radiator was looking a bit rusty and the foam around the core had disintegrated
  13. Apologies for the photo sizing for the next few posts, I have now adjusted it for future posts. So, since I can't help with the body restoration (still waiting to get blasted anyhow) I've been doing what I can with the parts I have with me. Starting with the starter: Then the propshaft, I thought this was going to be an easy job, but there was rust under the paint so I had to take it all back to bare metal: Thottle Pedal. Unlike the other items I decided to have this one powedercoated. Going to be updating to this Honda wiper motor as the original one is a bit lame: I'm not putting something looking like that in my restored car though. Thats better: Some parts only needed a clean:
  • Create New...