HybridZ

FRONT HUBS 240Z 280Z 300ZX 3/4 INCH .75 5 LUG OIL SEALS

The problem is I can not find an oil seal that fits one of my hubs.

Here are the parts I have.

1. two pair of 240Z hubs.... scalloped, 4 x 114.5 lugs.
  2. one 280 hub....... round, 4.114.5 lug spacing, with cast number on hub flange "76".
  3. one unknown [but thought to be a 280z) hub with no number cast on the hub flange.

Visually, hubs 1, 2, & 3 are the same offset.. that is the wheel mounting flange all measure the same height off a flat table.

I have rebuilt Hub # 2 with inner and outer bearing and oil seals from the local parts house.  The part numbers for bearings and seal are the same for 240, 260, and 280Z.  This hub works.

Hub #3, accepts the bearing [removed and pressed in the races]; but, the seal drops straight down and makes contact with the inner bearing.  It can be removed simply by picking it out of the hub with a fingernail. This seal is the same part number as the seal I installed into hub #2.  It fits properly into hubs #1.

I am reasonably certain the inner bearing race is installed properly into hub #3.  It was pressed in using a bearing race tool and a light hammer.

According to my parts house the same bearings and seal service 240z, 260z, 280z and 300zx.

Please any comments are welcome.  I've picked up all these hubs scavenging my local jy over the last few years and I have no real idea just what vehicle they came off.  Except for the  240z hubs.

Do I have an "odd" hub or am I missing something really obvious.  If necessary, I'll tear it all down and use the 240z hubs, but I'd prefer to save them for another project.

Sorry about no photos, but I've been able to post for a number of years, after the last software switch.

G

G