HybridZ

Got pulled over by police

310z

I was pulled over by the police at 12:30 on Saturday night while returning from Hot August Nights in Reno NV. The officer came up to my window and said are you guys returning from the race track? I said no, just returning from Reno. He said ya, but were you racing in Reno. This thing is really cool. I said no we were just at the show at Hot August Nights. He said Dude this thing is really cool. I pulled you over because you have a break light out. I said, oh I did not know that and you are the first to mention it. He told me how much he liked the car and said have a good day. As I put the breaks on prior to pulling back on the road I could see the bright shine of both my R&L break lights shining in the grill of his cruiser. I guess I will take that as a complement.

If he would have just told the truth and said I wanted to check out your car I would have popped the hood and shown him the rest of the car. My assistant soccer coach is the chief of police. I have already told him to give the officer a razzing all in good fun.

Cool story, but you can't tell if both lights are working by checking if they are shining in a grill of a car.  I tried to do that using the headlights on my wife's Prius and one light will reflect off both.  You really need to check them out.

Edited by ktm

I questioned looking by mirror so when I dropped of my friend I had him look. He said they work. Then yesterday I thought I better re- check and see if maybe he meant tail light but all is working fine. Now the fact that I did not use the breaks when making a left hand turn, he may of thought the break lights were not working as I just down shifted to second. But the officer specifically said the left break light was out.