HybridZ

Drive By Wire

Who is using drive by wire and where/how did you mount the drive by wire gas pedal?  I am hoping to have the car running by the end of next week and this is one of the last things I need to do. Any pictures?

Thanks,

Mike

I had the metal bracket from the GTO. I cut that down to the bare minim needed to have something to bolt to the firewall. I think I used the holes from the stock z, bolts and everything. I marked the tunnel with a marker to show how high the stock pedal was and used a simple wooden block to space the gto bracket as needed from stock mounting point. Then the DBW pedal just clips and bolts to the GTO bracket. I will try to do pics tomorrow or sat. It turned out well enough on the first try. I used a weatherpack connector on the motor side for the six pedal wires for quick disconnect wngine removal.

Thanks for the idea's and pic's, the 240 mounting area is tiny, and the original mount is square and protrudes 3/4" an inch from the fire wall. I think a small pice of channel steel may do the trick, nothing fancy, just copy what exists and add to the mounting surface for enough space to set it in properly. 

Got it mounted, used a Simpson Strong-Tie bracket, my wife will be thrilled as she works for them...LOL  I may move it to the center a little more as it is too close to the trans tunnel, I think.  Yeah, Boy from OZ threw me for a loop for a second or two when I first looked at the pictures.

Hey Oz Boy- you put the pedal on the wrong side!

The pedal is on a hinge. It doesn't need to be very strong. Just make sure you have a stop at the bottom so you don't crack the plastic.

Don't call me "Boy"!

Thanks for the tip on fitting a stop.

I used the Holden (GTO to you) donor foot pads as well, to match the accelerator.. I just needed to weld an extenion piece on so they wouldn't flex during any heel and toe action. 

post-1266-0-33016700-1376711379_thumb.jpg