HybridZ

EMS Pro missing issue

tunerpike

Guys,

I am having some problems where when I get to a certain rpm in natural (or driving) the car starts to miss badly. Even in natural revving I get hit 10psi of boost... almost like a two step..... the miss usually start around 3700 rpm...

I'm running EMS Pro which is based off MS1.  Im running stock 83 dizzy with an MSD box.

Any ideas?... Kinda thinking its a noise problem.. but just wanted to ask.

thx

You have to figure what pulses your CAS is going to produce at any given RPM and add maybe 50% for error. I have the DIY wheel, which has 24-2. The windows are as wide as the spaces. This translated into 12-1 at the crank. Each window is 15 degrees of crank rotation. This is 417 micro seconds. I think I made it 800 just to be safe at idle. Then it tapers off as the RPMs increases. The stock CAS windows are 3 degrees if I remember correctly.

Winston I really appreciate your willingness to help...

During last weekend I was able to do a little tuning while someone else drove, I was able to get the car to stop missing with very very conservative timing..  I cant advance the time any past 23 degrees and once I hit boost I will start dramatically pulling back even more...

By the car acting this way, does this pretty much confirm that its a noise issue?