HybridZ

V8 swap help in Columbus, Ohio

Hey gang,

I'm a newbie here...

I have a 1977 280Z and I'm looking to do a swap.

I'm not much of a mechanic, so I'm looking for someone in the central Ohio area that could help me out... preferably someone with a shop and some credentials. 

I'm thinking of getting a LT1/t56 setup... I saw one on CL that looked pretty decent.   Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

-phil-

I'm about 60 miles SW of you... not a mechanic by any conventional definition, and a bit too fatalistic to offer the sort of spunk and temerity needed to complete a successful swap quickly... but I'd be happy to offer advice, and to show an example of what's possible.  Send me a PM if interested.

Hey gang,

I'm a newbie here...

I have a 1977 280Z and I'm looking to do a swap.

I'm not much of a mechanic, so I'm looking for someone in the central Ohio area that could help me out... preferably someone with a shop and some credentials. 

I'm thinking of getting a LT1/t56 setup... I saw one on CL that looked pretty decent.   Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

-phil-

Could be purchasing someones problems.  Suggest buying parts and have local engine machine shop put together stroker '96-'99 Small Block Chev.  Else, purchase crate engine.  Look on Craigslist or Ebay for T-56 transmission.  I prefer to build engine from well chosen parts which DOES NOT happen with crate engines.