HybridZ

Upgrade to efi? (L28 carb)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I mean I suppose this is possible I was wondering about taking the inline 6 ( 83' ) that has tripple webbers etc , that is in my 72 240z and "upgrading" it to efi instead of a whole motor swap .. is this possible? It's time I think I go turbo =/ .. And i am not even going to bother looking at side draft supercharger or turbo chargers prolly way to much of a hassle.. I figure with the money from the tripple webbers i could easily afford the ecu and other efi parts i need.

Yup, you can do this no problem. All you need is a FI intake, FI Wiring Harness and ECU. Make sure to get all related sensors on the intake...

BTW, SHameless plug here... I have ALL of the above mentioned parts minus the TPS and I'll let it go for $150 for everything...

This includes injectors, TB, and I'll throw in an extra ECU. Might even have another Mass Air meter laying around.. I'm Realy wanting to move this stuff out of my shed...

Mike :cool:

Guest Anonymous

Hrrrmmmmm =D heh.. tell ya what gimmie about 2 weeks for my next pay check and we will work something out. ( cries ) my engine is ganna look so messy now =( Do you know how much I could get for the webbers.. and if I should actually sell them?

You should be able to move them easily...Webbers are popular with lots of Zguys... Try selling them here or on Zcar.com. Look over there and see what a similar set is being sold for. I suspect you'll be able to get a couple hundred atleast for the carbs, intakes, and linkages! I've been out of the performance L6 stuff for a while, but they were selling (used ) for $500-600 a few years back!

Mike 2thumbs.gif

Guest bang847

clean them up really good and sell them on ebay... I'm pretty sure they will go for 500+

I wouldnt be suprised if they end at high 600's

ugg.gif or if you dont want to do ebay and prefer to be nice to your fellow Z'er I'll take them for a low ball figure(starving student).. :confused:

Guest Anonymous

Heheh Actually I would if I didn't have to also buy a starion intercooler and a new turbo =/ ..

Hey i am not even a student eheh all i have is my ged =D

Yup, he would need the pump, regulator (Which I have!), and the stabilizer... I should SHOULD have all that if I can find it in the tons of stuff I have, and if not, they aren't that expensive... However, I ebt I have one... I know I have the relays, and all the elctricals!

Mike :rolleyes:smile.gif:D