HybridZ

How rich does a L28ET run stock under boost?

spiff

I want to put my rb25det turbo on my engine, but the rb turbo runs .7 bar of boost in stock form, the stock l28et turbo runs a .4 bar. Does the stock efi system run rich enough to support the extra .3 bars of boost?

My old CA18DET ran stupid rich in stock form and even upping the boost by .2 the engine wasn't leaning out... Same story with the Z32 TT and other turbo nissans, same story with the L28ET?

I don't have any wideband installed at the moment but it's on my list of things to buy asap. I want to install the rb turbo now but not if it's gonna make the engine lean out and go bang.

Boost pressure is subjective.  Every turbo flows a different CFM, so  .7 bar of boost one turbo is pushing a completely different amount of air than another turbo at .7 bar.     You need to consider this when swapping turbos, especially on a stock efi system that doesn't adapt well to anything thats not factory.

Also, boost is determined by the wastegatespring/ boost controller/ boost control solenoid, which would likely be different if you went to a different turbo.   With a controller you can control how much boost you actually make. 

Even with a stock l28ET, Id recommend getting a wideband hooked up so you can monitor exactly what the engine is doing.