HybridZ

Manual Street Car 1/4 Mile Shootout

Lots of fast stick cars there this year. 

I made it to the final and had a complete abortion of a pass.  Went back through right after, and clicked off a 10.20 @ 137 with a 1.500 60'. ... compared to the 2.10 60' in the final. :oops: I got out of the last pass momentarily, or the car would have gone 10.0x or 9.9x. 

Oh well thats racin!

Edited by SUNNY Z

Was this in a bracket format or a heads-up format?

Love it-thanks for posting the video-very well done photography and sound-would love to make that my ringtone.

Looked like that ricer beat you on the light as much as on the 60'. I'm hoping you will post each of those time slips.

You burning out in 1st or 2nd gear (looks like 1st)? At what rpm is your 2-step set? Sounds like you might have been spinning a bit on the 1-2 shift, but it looked like you hooked well on the clutch drop even with the torque of the NO2. Glad your clutch handled all that slippage-that is the kind of slipping that warped my flywheel.

We so totally need a drag racers' forum. Are you burning out with the spray on, on your spray runs, or do you switch it on between the water box and staging?

Edited by RebekahsZ

Was this in a bracket format or a heads-up format?

Love it-thanks for posting the video-very well done photography and sound-would love to make that my ringtone.

Looked like that ricer beat you on the light as much as on the 60'. I'm hoping you will post each of those time slips.

You burning out in 1st or 2nd gear (looks like 1st)? At what rpm is your 2-step set? Sounds like you might have been spinning a bit on the 1-2 shift, but it looked like you hooked well on the clutch drop even with the torque of the NO2. Glad your clutch handled all that slippage-that is the kind of slipping that warped my flywheel.

We so totally need a drag racers' forum. Are you burning out with the spray on, on your spray runs, or do you switch it on between the water box and staging?

It was a heads up race.  Yeah, that was just a terrible pass.... I was very upset with myself afterward.

2 step was set at 4000 on those runs, 5000 on the 1.500 60' run. Car didn't spin at all. The "spin" you saw was the clutch slipping in that one pass I believe.

Just first gear burnouts, no need for nitrous until the actual hit.

So that was the final-like you won 2d place??  Be more kind to yourself, anybody who thinks drag racing is easy has never done it more than a few times.

That is incredible that you are hooking up so well-I though I heard it bog a bit off the line, suggesting that it hooked.  There must be a big difference between a 9" slick on a 7" wheel and a 10.5" slick on a 8" wheel.  I think we have the same shock and spring rate...looking forward to more rubber in the spring.

I'm waterboxing in 2d gear at 5,000rpm-it takes forever for me to get smoke using 1st gear.  But, my stock brakes aren't holding me still anymore-I'm either turning to one side or just moving forward altogether.  I wonder why your track officials waved all the safety stuff that they've been so much trouble about before...

So that was the final-like you won 2d place??  Be more kind to yourself, anybody who thinks drag racing is easy has never done it more than a few times.

That is incredible that you are hooking up so well-I though I heard it bog a bit off the line, suggesting that it hooked.  There must be a big difference between a 9" slick on a 7" wheel and a 10.5" slick on a 8" wheel.  I think we have the same shock and spring rate...looking forward to more rubber in the spring.

I'm waterboxing in 2d gear at 5,000rpm-it takes forever for me to get smoke using 1st gear.  But, my stock brakes aren't holding me still anymore-I'm either turning to one side or just moving forward altogether.  I wonder why your track officials waved all the safety stuff that they've been so much trouble about before...

I believe it was mostly due to the event. I gradually went faster as the night went on. "tested" in the 12's, "qualified" in the 11's, did the first round on motor (other car was slow) and then hit the gas second round on.

Don't be fooled, they were tech'ing strict, but it all worked out!

Track manager actually came and shook my hand before the final, thanking us for having the event there! Next year I will be 100% legal... unless I dip below 8.50 LOL

Looking good . Great run  . Was that a Honda Civic that got you at the end ?

Those little Civics can be tricky. You'll pull up next to one and be like, "I got this no problem". Then after it whoops your a$$ your like, what the heck just happened. LOL It's not as painfull when you find out they are running 50 psi of boost, race gas, and nitrous to make it that fast.

Those little Civics can be tricky. You'll pull up next to one and be like, "I got this no problem". Then after it whoops your a$$ your like, what the heck just happened. LOL It's not as painfull when you find out they are running 50 psi of boost, race gas, and nitrous to make it that fast.

LOL . That's why I usually asked those Honda drivers , " Got boost ? " . But most of the time , I just revved up my motor . Race usually ended before it got started .

Your car gets faster everytime you post a new thread.  You'll be in the 9's in no time. Great video by the way. 

Should have been 9's yesterday! I finally got my launch RPM figured out for the last pass. If I hadn't momentarily gotten out of it, I have a feeling it would have gone 9's. Probably won't make it back to the track this year, just a guess.

Yeah, I think I'm done for the year too.  Too many little issues annoying me that I gotta fix, anyway.  It has been a good year.  But, next year is gonna be a big one!  SunnyZ will be in the 9s and I'll be in the 10s-and that's just gonna have to be good enough for me.  Let's have a time slip war-quantity vs. quality wins??