HybridZ

Book question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I do not like the Chiltons, alittle to general for me, but I do like the Haynes Manual that you can get from Autozone.

Mark

Guest V8wannabe

Depends on what you want to do, straight rebuild of performance upgrades. The Chiltons groups a few different models and doesn't go into great detail, I find myself using the Haynes often. Unfortunately I don't have a shop manual, which I suspect is best. The "How to modify..." is great for squeezing the most outta your motor and goes into great detail about both street performance and all out racing L6 engines. However it doesn't address turbo upgrades.

Guest Anonymous

Which of these book's is the better book :

How to rebuild your Nissan and Datsun OHC engine

How to modify your Nissan and Datsun engine

Chiltons repair manual datsun/NissanZ and ZX 1970-88

Including all models from the 240-300 Z an ZX Turbo and NON-turbo

NOw I know two of the books are totally different subjects. So My question is would it be wise to buy all three or Buy two out of the three or what ?

Guest Aaron

I don't know about the first two, but I would suggest you look for a factory service manual for your particular car instead of the chilton manual. Not that the chilton is bad, I have a couple, but when it groups a lot of cars together, it can get confusing in a hurry. Courtesy Nissan has the manuals produced by a HybridZ member. His site is Z Car Creations .