HybridZ

Z31 na cv axle size

69sroadster

Before I get flamed, yes I did search and no nobody has posted the info yet that I'm looking for on hybridz.  What are the center section (drive bar) dimensions of the Z31 na cv axle?  Are they 27T 29mm? 

Are all Z31 cv axle center sections the same 27T 29mm?  I understand the differences in lengths and outer stub teeth exist but haven't seen much on the center drive bar.

If it doesn't exist I'll get it later this week for another option to look at shortening the ones (Z31 NA CV axle center sections) I have using other Nissan parts with a similar tooth/diameter.

I need to get a micrometer, but the NA 300zx cv axle centers counted out at 27 teeth and are not 29mm.  My guess is something closer to 26mm.  The 1994 pathfinder cv axles I pulled at the local yard are just shy of two inches shorter than the 300zx NA shafts and are 27T 29-30mm diameter.  I'll have to see if I can get a shop to re-cut them down to the smaller diameter to match the outers from the 300zx NA.

Most axles are heat-treated after machining.  So most shops would rather build a new axle than machine a used factory axle.  You might be spending a lot of time and effort on something that isn't recommended and rarely done, and may be more expensive than just having a new axle built.  You must have come across the threads about building new axles in your searches.

On the Pathfinder axles, be aware that the aftermarket CV axle suppliers build their own in-house axles with non-factory spline counts and diameters.  You may or may not have been looking at a Nissan axle.