HybridZ

turbo!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey i was wondering if i could achieve 12psi boost on a stock turbo engine. would i have to use a different turbo? would that result in too much compression and not enough octane? if that was the case has anyone done and alchol/gas mixture system on a z? we recently rigged up an old covair to inject some alcohol when the turbo kicked in but that was with carbs. how would that work on a z? basically i need to know what a L28t can handle. would i have to put some aftermarket parts in to run that much boost? could i bring it down to 10 and be OK. i was thinking i'd probably have to run an intercooler any one work particularly well with the L28t?

It's generally agreed upon you can boost a stock turbo to upwards of 17 psi. 9-10 psi is about the safe maximum without an intercooler, and the stock fuel system can support 12-13 psi intercooled (all boost numbers at sea level - my elevation I can push about 2 psi more).