HybridZ

New guy ongoing project 5.3 build

Rusted out 70 240z (ratrod) clear coat bare metal and rust

5.3l mated to the nv3500 (ls1 accessories and the batwing oil pan for clearance)

Function and forum coilovers

15x11 rear 15x10 offset is around -24 Bassett wheels

Fender flares

I still have a long ways to go but I do have my harness cut down and computer tuned

I braced up the chassis from front to rear by running square tubing through the front frame rails to the rear cross member rail above the rear differential.

I need to figure out what kind of fuel cell/fuel system to run

Since I want the car low I want the headers to come around front almost like a turbo setup but run along where the original battery location was and dump it out behind my passenger front wheel through the fender.

Let me know what you think and give me some ideas for the things I need for example is there a header out there that I can turn backwards that will clear ?

What aftermarket radiator with electric fans should I use?

Thanks

post-41557-0-20958500-1382792917_thumb.jpg

post-41557-0-58579400-1382793001_thumb.jpg

post-41557-0-07788800-1382793454_thumb.jpg

post-41557-0-36307300-1382793546_thumb.jpg

post-41557-0-55352200-1382793624_thumb.jpg

Search man all those questions have been answered many times. I ran my exhaust throught the hood at 1 point plain shorty ls1 headers go right through the hood vents. Most guys are running a 3 core aluminum radiator stock replacement works fine. Electric fans range from Taurus fans to cheap autozone fans. Fuel system a Walbro 255 pump with a 99 corvette fuel filter will cover your fuel system. The filter has a built in regulator and return line. Just don't go cheap buy a wix filter.

Edited by mattd428

Sounds cool. Keep us posted. If you run into trouble feel free to PM me and I will help if I can. I have the NV tranny in my S10 truck. It sucks for fast shifting, especially the 2-3 shift, but it is fine overall.

I get this awesome visual of Keith just SLAMMIN' gears on his way to work in this thing. LMAO