HybridZ

With a L28ET can you get a chip or reprogram the Stock ECU?

Guest shuyun

Guest shuyun

This Forum has been most help full in determining exactly what I want to do with my Z. I am looking for an 81-83 L28ET with P90 head. I know to pull all the harness with the engine and to get the ECU. After I have all this I plant to upgrade to the T4 turbo setup and intercooler. Where do I find the T4 Turbo? With 5-15 Lb of boost I can leave most of the motor alone. But over 10 Lb I will need to make changes to the rings and rejet the engine for more fuel to make reliable power over 5000 rpm. With the motor being stock I will need to be really careful of Knock there is a lot of helpful info on Knock sensors but no one here has put their seal of approval on anyone’s system. Anyone have a suggestion $400-500 for a knock system that works pays for itself, heck new forged pistons will set me back that much and I will still have to be careful of knock. So can I just use the stock ECU and reprogram it to handle the new power or should I buy an aftermarket ECU to handle everything. I know I have asked several questions in this one post but having read hundreds and hundreds of post on the subjects some of my questions were never answered to my satisfaction. As to my other post everyone here has been most helpful with timely responses. Thanks for all your help. 2thumbs.gif