HybridZ

WTB 260z Window Regulator

EnthZ

There are three regulators. 70/73, 74/76, 77/78 I think that's how they are grouped. I faced that issue before, I had 73 regulators and they did not fit my early 74/260.

EnthZ, I have the driver side but the teeth are slightly chewed.

Here is a pic of regulators.  Depending on when during the year the 260 was built [i believe] determines which regulator you'll need, 240 or 280.

Left to right, 240, 280, 240 [replated]

You can see the spread or length between holes for mounting the 280 regulator is longer and the crank orientation is a bit deeper.  In addition the arms are more stout [thicker metal and somewhat wider].

Measure the distance [your door] between the mounting holes [longest span].  For 240z ~4", 280z ~4 7/8".

post-176-0-34275400-1383789854_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1 tuff z
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The door I have is exactly like this one. From what I understand, this is a 260z door. As you can see there is no bump for the spring.
I will measure the distance tomorrow morning between holes.

$T2eC16NHJGwFFZ!HSY9fBSeIpE,mkg~~60 3

I believe this is what the regulator should look like.

260ZWindowRegulator001

260ZWindowRegulator002

This has given me such a headache that I am also thinking about selling this door and finding a nice solid 240z door if I cant find a regulator.

Edited by EnthZ

I only have the passenger side. The damaged driver side was thrown out. Those regulators you posted above I believe are from the 280Z with the sliding track incorporated. You have an early 260 or late 260?

There is a one inch difference when you measure the mounting bolts on center 4 and 5 inches.

Maybe 1tuffZ can confirm this.

Edited by Dat260

I have a 72 240z. The driver side door was badly damaged when i purchased the car so I bought a new one off ebay figuring all the internals swap out. It was listed as "Datsun 240Z LH Ca. Door 69 70 71 72 73 MINT SUPER NICE!". I didn't notice they looked different until I had it bolted on the car and realized my regulator didn't line up or fit whatsoever. I will get those measurements today after work.

• 2 months later...

Here is a pic of regulators.  Depending on when during the year the 260 was built [i believe] determines which regulator you'll need, 240 or 280.

Left to right, 240, 280, 240 [replated]

You can see the spread or length between holes for mounting the 280 regulator is longer and the crank orientation is a bit deeper.  In addition the arms are more stout [thicker metal and somewhat wider].

Measure the distance [your door] between the mounting holes [longest span].  For 240z ~4", 280z ~4 7/8".

Very late response but I have the car running and I am pretty much missing the window to be a DD. I measured the distance and I am in need of the 4 7/8 regulator for the driver side. It was approximately 5 inches from hole to hole.